How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Monday, July 18, 2011

Alas!

Oh, good lord!

The evening care manager helped me get from my wheelchair into my easy chair. That is fine, right? I wanted to be in my easy chair to watch. TV. It's 7:10, and Jeopardy comes on at 7:30. So she comes in and I get in my recliner. I like this woman, so we josh about a bit.

Pleasant, right?

I SHOULD NEVER LET MY GUARD DOWN

(this is a picture of people not letting their guard down)





















My call button ended up being left on my desk. This is across the room from the upholstered chair in which I was sitting. I therefore could not call for assistance, and might have been left sitting there until someone noticed I was missing... perhaps when the rent was due? So I thought about it for a bit, and realized I could reach across the table with my my grabbing device and snag my purse, which was on the other side of the end table, and use the cel phone inside to call the front desk and get them to get my care manager to come back and give me the button. So I did so. A few seconds later I hear the woman at the desk announce, "Will the care manager for room 101 please go to the room?"

Yikes! The problem NOW was that I shouldn't have been hearing this announcement, because it was coming in over the care manager's radio... which meant she had left the radio in my room... which meant that she had no radio with which to hear the announcement... which meant she was never coming.

I called and explained. Once the lady at the front desk had finished laughing, she found someone else to send.

No comments:

Post a Comment