How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Saturday, February 6, 2010

blizzard

The snow is absurd. Here is a link to a story about it.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_winter_weather

It is now about 7AM on Saturday. The weatherman on TV just said it was 20", with about 6" more to come.

I got the night shift to get me up today, because I figured that a lot of workers would not come in in the morning. It was like pulling teeth to get them to do it. They were really mad. They did it, but they were mad.

They are saying that this is the biggest snow since the blizzard of '78. I was a 3rd year student at UVa at that time. and I don't even remember the snow. I guess it didn't matter all that much, because we walked everywhere. (Certainly my "state of consciousness" wasn't so altered that I didn't notice a blizzard!)

My little squirrel is still scurrying about. Wonder if he got any sleep...

In all of this mess, I guess it really is a good thing that I'm not living precariously in a condo by myself.

They are telling on TV what to do if you don't have power. Wonder how they think you'll see it if you don't have power?

No comments:

Post a Comment