How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Monday, February 1, 2010

Song to " House of the Rising Sun"

TO: House of the Rising Sun

I owned a home in wee Falls Church,
A condo, actually.
It might be too small for many folks to own.
But was just right for me.

I had some real good times there.
I partied quite heartily.
And then I had to pack and leave.
But I’m OK, ‘cause see…

…The only thing that I really need
Is computer and a desk
With both of those I am satisfied.
Without them I’m a mess.

Oh, I have got no children
And right now I’m not a wife,
But I’ll not dwell in gloom and misery
Till I reach the end of my life.

Well, I got money in the bank now.
Wheel chairs that carry me.
And I could go and be someplace else,
But not where I want to be.

I want to be here in Falls Church,
In my condo, actually.
It was too small for many folks to own,
But was just right for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment