How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Friday, February 5, 2010

squirrel

It has snowed great huge flakes all day long, and it is supposed to snow all day tomorrow. I guess it is pretty out the window, but, pretty or not, I hate it, because it means I’m completely stuck here.

But on the other hand, why would I have been better off at home? I fell down constantly and had to have the fire department come pick me up every day… and my guess is that they probably have better things to do today.

I’m not going to think about it anymore, because thinking back through the whole history and whole process just bums me out big time. Instead, I think about how glad I am that I am not a squirrel. There has been a squirrel outside my window in a tree all day long, shivering in the cold snow. I thought squirrels went into their tree homes in the snow and ate nuts. But maybe this one is squirrelly.

Hmmm… I just saw a car slide and get stuck in the lot next door…
That’s bad.

My squirrel is running up and down the tree now, and digging up food from under the snow and carrying it with him. I hope he has a nice little cache of food up there by now, because this is going to last for days. Mom says God watches out for little squirrels, but how can she possibly know that? If so, I hope no one tells the squirrel, because, if they did, he might quit working so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment