How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Sunday, August 7, 2011

Roanoke

Hello, long neglected blog. I hope there is someone out there who is still reading me.

I started what was supposed to be a string of entries about the various parsonages in which I grew up, but I fear that concept must have bored me so badly that me that I didn't write anything at all. There were some amusing points to share, though, so maybe I'll try to cover it all today.

After Virginia Beach we went to Roanoke.. "We" consisted of Mom, Dad, me, Ed, (who was "Edward" then), and Granny (Dad's mom). It was a wee, tiny, totally inappropriate house - in response to which, Mom had another baby.

I barely remember that first house. After all, I was 5! I kow it had a big carport, because I remember being out there with Ed when Mom and Dad. called us in to watch the Beatles on Ed Sullivan.

Isn't it amazing that I remember that? Somehow Mom and Dad knew that the Beatles on Ed Sullivan was a major historical event, even though they had no idea what the Beatles would eventually mean to the world. I remember Mom saying, "Watch this! Someday you can tell your children that you saw this!"

I further remember that Mom and Dad and Granny said nothing about the music. They just laughed at the shaggy hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment