How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Saturday, August 13, 2011

Maybe I'm not tolerant enough, maybe, but I really don't think so. Take this morning, for example... One of the reasons I chose to move to Emeritus is that they had a pot of coffee available in the front lobby all day. Now, leaving aside all discussion about the wisdom of choosing an assisted living facility based on the availability of coffee, morning coffee is obviously something I consider important.
Friday morning there was no coffee. OK, shit happens. I traveled 3 blocks to a Starbucks and got coffee.- annoying, but no big deal. But today, again, no coffee. And today I can't leave because my busIs due anytime. The coffee maker is directly inside the door of the kitchen, so I went in and got myself some coffee. I then go out to the lobby, and the receptionist has arrived, and gives me shit for getting my own coffee, to which I reply, "if you had coffee in the lobby like you're supposed to, I wouldn't need to go in the kitchen, would I?". Does he say, "No. Sorry about that. I'll make sure we have it tomorrow." No, he does not. So I go outside with my coffee cup and a guy is out there cleaning up the front of the building, and he glances at me and demands, "Put your butts in the ashtray. Don't step on them.", so I say, "I don't smoke." Does he say, "Whoops. Sorry.". Hell, no. He says, "Don't leave that coffee cup on the porch, then.".
HOW MUCH DO I PAY TO LIVE HERE??????

Please excuse my hizzy fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment