How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Silly

Just quick note about yesterday's amusements... I went to Staples, which is across Wilson Boulevard. I found nothing there that I needed (I'd hoped to look at furniture, but it turns out that they don't sell furniture in that store), and I'd hoped to look at a tablet, like a Droid. Ron had advised me not to buy one because there is nothing wrong with my iPad that can't be fixed by taking it in to the Apple store (thank you, Ron. My appointment is tomorrrow.) I just wanted to look at one. Which I did, from afar, but no one would actually wait on me.

So, having totally wasted my morning, and since I was already on the far side of Wilson, I wheeled down to a new restaurant that has gone up next to Gold's gym. It is named "W", but it doesn't seem at all Presidential.. I turns out to be a really good grill, and I got a great burger there for not much money. It was a nice thick burger that they'd created themselves, not a pre-frozen, paper thin one.

The interior of the restaurant was just a tiny room with a counter and a jumble of tables. You order at the counter and then wait, which is kinda fun because the big, beefy, sweaty guys keep coming in from the gym next door.
I was sitting there waiting for my burger. Another customer waited next to me. All of a sudden a man carrying a box runs out of the kitchen and into the parking lot, shouting, "Sir! Wait! Wait! You forgot your ribs!"

The other customer then looked at me and deadpanned, "Wow! That was fast food!."

No comments:

Post a Comment