How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Dinner

I sat at dinner with 2 women I didn't know. Basically, I sat there because one of then women is named Mildred (like my mother). A young male kitchen employee stood nearby, occasionally smiling at us indulgently. The the other woman at the table Is named Mary. Following is the conversation which ensued:
ME: Can I join you?
MILDRED and MARY: Yes! please! Join us!
MARY: The man who was sitting there left already.
MILDRED: He sure did leave in hurry. He didn't even have any ice cream.
MARY: He was probably jealous.
MILDRED: He said he didn't feel well...
MARY: He had no reason to get upset...
MILDRED:...I hope he's O.K....
MARY:...there was absolutely nothing I could do about it...
MILDRED: He always loves his ice cream.
MARY: It's not my fault that cook kissed the top of my head.
MILDRED: Well, no. He just leaned over and smooched you right on the head.
MARY: I know it was a great big kiss, but that's no reason to get mad.
MILDRED: Well, no! You didn't ask him to kiss you.
MARY: He had no reason to get mad, anyway. We eat together every day, but we have no understanding. It's not exclusive.
MILDRED: You couldn't do a thing about it!
Etc

No comments:

Post a Comment