How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Monday, December 27, 2010

More family

Yesterday I spoke about "family" and how the concept of family had grown and evolved over time for me. None of this negates the importance of blood relatives, though. I assumed this was underdstood, but it occurred to me that I'd better say it outright when I remembereed that some of my most loyal readers are my aunts.

Hi, aunts! I have aunts on the brain today (aunts on the brain would be a great name for a rock band!) (forgive me, Dave Barry) because I went to see Mom and Dad, and Aunt Delores and Uncle Gene dropped in. They only live 20 minutes away, in Alexandria. We talked about how funny it was beck when "Feliz Navidad" came on the radio, and Uncle Raymond declared vehemently that it was the stupidest song he'd ever heard. One of my aunts said, "Why? They are just singing 'Merry Christmas' in Spanish," to which Raymond responded, "Fleas on the dog? They just keep singing 'fleas on the dog' over and over!"

My Uncle Kenny sent me a Christmas card that I got today, too. He reminded me of the time when I was little and he lived on the farm, and I went with him to milk the cows, and came back and told Mom that "Uncle Kenny fed milk to the cows." Although he says that it was in the mid 70's, which made me about 16 years old, so I wonder what the deal was there...?

More on family later!

No comments:

Post a Comment