How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Thursday, February 3, 2011

Deerly beloved

Charlotte Cleary, my friend who started as registrar in Arlington the same year I started in Falls Church, has told me things about activities available to people who live in Arlington. (Things like the "Learning in Retirement" Program, where one can take all kinds of interesting classes for not much money.) I think I'm getting kinda excited about the move.

I had many unusual experiences with Charlotte, because she kindly drove me around the state to all the registrar meetings. This alone was exciting, because Charlotte is an excellent, but nervous, driver. If an 18-wheeler approaches in any lane, from any direction, she slams on the brake and screams, "You never know what they are going to do!" We once spent a Monday night in Richmond, having battled DC's Monday afternoon rush hour to get there, because Charlotte wanted to avoid the much less potent Richmond morning rush the next day! But, way cool, Richard Gere was filming a movie in the lot next door to our rooms,

One thing Charlotte told me disturbed me, though. She was reading to me out of the little Arlington paper, and it seems the found a severed deer's head a couple blocks from my new place. I said, when she read it, "They found a dead deer?!", and she said, "No. Just the head."

That's probably an unusual type event, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment