How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Wednesday, February 9, 2011

packing boxes abound

I'm not going into the details but I will say that I had a terrible experience with a "care manager" today and, that, if you have a defenseless family member in Assisted Living, you should talk to the family member often, and make sure the staff knows you are asking about what is going on and are taking any complaints quite seriously, If the complaints center around a certain staff member, arrange for that staff member not to be assigned to your relative. It is quite serious, and some of these old people are so defenseless that it breaks my heart to think of them dealing with this same humiliation.

Good news - one box is packed and one cabinet emptied. Now comes the hard question - what do I pack and what do I ditch?

KEEP


1) Stuffed fox dressed like a waiter, carrying a tray with glasses, that says (in a French accent, when you push his stomach, "Hellllo. My name is Fineas Fox. Would you like a cafe au lait?" - TAKE

2) 3 snall portable radios when I have a stereo and music on the computer. = DITCH

More tomorrow morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment