How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Saturday, October 8, 2011

Bob

It's a beautiful "Indian summer" day
(get it? That's an Indian tattooed on the arm, and it is summer! HA!HA!)
At least it is a beautiful "Indian Summer" day if I really know what "Indian summer" means. It is sunny, and 75 degrees, and it is October. Does that qualify as Indian summer??

I scooted down the street to a nearby park. They had a craft festival today. A bunch of vendors put up tables selling their jewelry or pottery or needlework. I managed to restrict myself to buying only a necklace - - but, you know, the fair is still going on... It is right across the street... I actually need a bracelet... You know, to go along with the necklace.......

This really is a nice little festival. They've held them every Saturday all summer, but I just heard a vendor say that this was the last one until next spring. Bummer.

I guess fall is legally upon us. I made my annual arrangement of pumpkins and gourds and I put it on the shelf outside my door in place of the ugly fake flower arrangement that Emeritus puts there. (No, they didn't say that I could do that - so arrest me, why don't you?!)

Back in the olden days, I made such a fall decoration for Bob Edwards, my AIDS "buddy". This was back in the horrible times when an HIV positive diagnosis meant you'd probably be dead in a year. Whitman Walker set up a program where healthy volunteers were "buddies" with a person who had AIDS.

Bob was my buddy. I'll have to tell you about him some day. He was a character.

Anyway, he loved it and kept it proudly in his living room. When he went to the hospital at the end, though, some of his friends took it apart and found that the pumpkins had developed "weevils".

No comments:

Post a Comment