How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Smithsonian

I went to the Smithsonian the other day and had an amazingly wonderful time. But, alas, the Smithsonian was not at all where I intended to go! I had asked Metro Access to take me to the National Portrait Gallery. I wanted to to see the Gertude Stein exhibit. The reservationist screwed up, apparently, and put in the address for the American History Museum. So, instead off Gertrude Stein, I got to see an exhibit about Phyllis Diller. As Phyllis Diller herself would say, HA!! Do you think that maybe my guardian angel decided that Phyllis Diller was more appropriate than Gertrude Stein?

At the American History museum, though, I got to see an exhibition that is only here through the end of the month, "For All The World To See: Visual Culture and the Struggle for Civil Rights". It was fascinating, covered the ways in which the civil rights struggle in America was implemented through the use of visual images in the media.

After that, I went across the sidewalk to the Natural History Museum. They have a really fascinating exhibit called "The Evolving Universe", which studies the beginnings of the universe and the ways it is always changing, with stars being born and dying...... Hmmmm..... Stars dying?? Which me wonder... Is Phyllis Diller still alive?

No comments:

Post a Comment