How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Friday, October 28, 2011

WOW!

WILD! This is a totally awesome story that's kind of paranormal!! About a year ago, while living at Sunrise, I woke up one morning and looked at the wall beside my head and was startled to see a centipede crawling along. It was just inches from my face. As I watched, the centipede crawled higher and higher, eventually ensconcing itself in a corner.
I lay in bed and watched it diligently until a care manager, Melita, arrived, on time to get me up.

"Melita!", I said, pointing at the long bug, "Kill it! Kill it!!"

Melita is one of the nicest care managers I've ever known. She comes from the Philippines.

"Oh,no," Melita said. "That's a centipede. Back home, everyone knows a centipede brings money and is good luck."

"Money?!" I asked.

"Yes," she said. "If you see a centipede, maybe you will get rich." If she had been telling me that cockroaches were good luck, I probably wouldn't have bought it, but centipedes were negotiable.

"OK," I said, diverting my attention from the insect. I paid no more attention to it, and assumed it went on to enjoy a long life with it's many legged family (who, I hope, were not also residing somewhere in my room.

When the mail came that afternoon, I had a check from my long term care insurance for a significant amount of money.

Along time went past. No more centipedes appeared.

Until yesterday morning, that is. I woke yesterday morning to see a centipede scurrying, it's many tiny little legs carrying it rapidly up my wall.

When the mail arrived, I had a check from my long term care insurance for a significant amount of money.

WOW,

No comments:

Post a Comment