How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Sunday, March 27, 2011

whew!!

My tax stuff is finally together, and I called the guy who does taxes for me, Mom & Pa, and Sue, and he says he'll come to Emeritus come get my stuff and do my taxes, even at this late date (March 27). I hope I really have all the papers I need.

He is a wonderful tax man,. His name is John Husovsky, and, if you need a tax preparer, email me, dialawriter@yahoo.com, I'll send you his phone number. Anyway, I bet I make out well on taxes this year, because the enormous cost of assisted living is partly deductible, and I have receipts for over $12,000 in other medical expenses. The bad news is, of course, that I actually had to spend that money to get those receipts.

Other than work on taxes (I had to gather together and total those receipts, you know!), I haven't had the free time available to do much of anything else...
so please warm up your tiny violins to play for me. This is one of Ron Mussleman's favorite expressions - he even uses his thumb and index finger to mimic playing a tiny violin.

Anyway, because of the push to finish the taxes, I done much of anything else... except go to the movies - Limitless. I really liked it. And eat at Chevy's with a friend. It seemed too expensive and the cooking was not authentic Mexican cooking.

Life's a bitch, ain't it? Tomorrow I have physical therapy, Spanish tutoring, tax man, and therapist. At least I'm retired!

No comments:

Post a Comment