How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Monday, April 11, 2011

Pretty day

What a wonderful day it was here today. High of 80 degrees! (I can't find the little "degree" symbol on my keyboard. Anyone know where it is?) And I'm SO GLAD I MOVED TO ARLINGTON! I started out in the A.M. to go to CVS because I was out of most of my daily living supplies (toothpaste, etc.), and I was distracted by a health food store that sells smoothies (blackberry - yum!) So I sat outside in the beautiful weather and watched the city traffic going past, and then I started out for CVS again, and I saw a little market. So I went to check that out, and I found a man selling bunches of flowers on the street. He says he's there every day. He told me the flowers were $12.00/bunch, and I didn't buy any, and then they were $10.00/bunch, and I didn't buy any, and then they were $7.00/bunch. I still didn't buy any, but next time... By now it is 11:30, and I see a restaurant with outdoor dining, but they are sort of formal, but then I see another restaurant, BUT, on the way to check them out I see a deli with a long line of customers located right in a s small park, so I ate there at an outside table. Then I wandered back, checking out several other diversions on the way, and, at about 2:00, I finally went to CVS.

Then, when I get back, it is SO depressing. All that many of these old people ever do is feel miserable and complain. "There's nothing to do here." "They don't have any organized games." "There aren't any crafts." "There aren't any classes" "There aren't any exercise groups." "No one plays bridge." "My family just dumped me here." "Are we just supposed to die here?" I heard all that this afternoon, and Emeritis actually has almost all that stuff they said it didn't have, but I guess it just ain't home. They don't even TRY to make the best of it, though.

Oh - and my favorite - My table mate, Fancesca, was just sitting there not eating, at dinner. "What's wrong?" I ask. Usually the food is too hot or too cold or too salty or has an invisible hair in it or has been touched at some time by a raisin. (She loathes raisins). But tonight she just sighs and says, "Chewing makes me tired".

I think I need time to chew on that one for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment