How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Monday, January 18, 2010

An Accomplishment!!!

I’m going to my friend’s house this afternoon so I’m really psyched. Anytime I can leave here is wonderful. I carefully arranged with the care manager for her to come at 11AM to get me ready, and I have Metro Access coming at 1:30, so we’ll see what really happens. It’s really frustrating to have so little control over the basics of one’s life.
I just into the bathroom and got on the toilet and peed and actually that was a major accomplishment. The thing is that nobody here offers encouragement or tries to help me learn to do things by myself. It’s much easier for them if I just follow the usual program and let them keep putting diapers on me and only get up and change location twice a day. They use a big machine to pick me up and move me. It all makes me wonder “Well what is the point of getting up in the morning at all, then?” BUT, to put it all in perspective, I DID accomplish something today because I got the bathroom and got on the toilet and peed.

No comments:

Post a Comment