How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Monday, January 11, 2010

Time to Rhyme

I live in a tiny room,
A room that’s really not
Sufficient to accommodate
The tons of stuff I’ve got.

I straighten, sort, and throw away,
But still my things don’t fit,
And, no matter what I need,
I can not locate it.

Were I to be a Buddist monk
I would fit here just great,
For Buddist monks live austere lives.
Not much accumulates.

But no, not me, I’m not austere.
I’m sure, without a doubt,
That I’ve not got one single thing
That I could live without.

And so I try to organize.
And now I’ve done so, see,
I decided each thing’s proper place
Is just where it might be.

Cleaning by semantics is
A very pleasant chore
(Although it doesn’t help me find
The stuff I’m looking for!)

No comments:

Post a Comment