How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Saturday, January 9, 2010

biology

Haven’t posted in a few days because I was so damned depresssed that all I could do is sit in this damned little room in the dark and listen to music and play Yahoo’s Literai for hours and lose miserably and get even more depressed. SO last night I got to thinking about the myriad of reasons I have to be depressed – which are, to name a few:
1) My best friend, an absolutely wonderful, talented, thoughtful, loving gay musician who was my soul mate and the center of my life died last year of cancer. God, I love him. His name is David Willis.
2) The pompous, hateful, spiteful Electoral Board of the City of Falls Church, Virginia fired me because they didn’t like my wheelchair. I have this in writing with all three of their signatures on it. This after 24 years outstanding service, including pulling off the biggest and busiest election in Falls Church history the previous November. I’ll write more on this in a later post, including the numbers and stats that prove what I’m saying.
3) One day I had a regular life, disabled but regular, living in an apartment and doing my own thing, and WHAM – I fall down, injure my leg slightly, and – without really understanding how it happened – I’m living in an old folks home, and probably will be for life. I’m only 52 – that’s too young to be put out to pasture.
4) I don’t have enough money to be here forever, which means I have to find someplace even less desirable to live. This place is $6000/month. I get $2,000 pension and about 2,000 disability. I am closing on my condo at the end of the month, and I’ll clear about $100,000, but that won’t last forever.


ANYWAY,I thought I was depressed for all those very good reasons, but it turns out that I was actually depressed because I was on the verge of going on the rag big time. Aint biology fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment