How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Friday, January 15, 2010

Sunday school 2

There is indeed, a relevant reason behind all this crap I’ve been sharing about my Sunday school experiences. I currently go to this Lutheran church (Christ the Servant) out in Reston, Virginia, which is a 15-minute drive from where I live (Falls Church). I go there because it is where David worked right before he died, and I went there with him, and now I feel like I share memories of him with the people there.

I finally joined the church a couple of weeks ago and they immediately put out a flier titled “Adult Educational Opportunities”. There are two classes being offered. Both sound worthwhile, and both are being taught by retired ordained pastors who go to the church. One of the classes takes place at the traditional Sunday School time of 9 AM Sunday morning. Well, that cuts slightly into my Mocha Latte time at the Starbucks up the hill from the church, but that is no major sacrifice. Scott Gustafson teaches it and it is about a book he wrote himself, so it will probably be worthwhile.

The other requires a substantial Metro Access trip after dark, as it takes place on Monday evenings aft 7:30 PM. (Metro Access is the DC area para-transit system for people with disabilities.) I went to that one, too, although I’m no real sure what it is supposed to be about. (It has something to do with evolution.) Pastor Wetzel said to me after class. “Wow. I’m surprised to see you! You sure had to do a lot to get here!” to which I should have said, “The class sounded fascinating! I didn’t want to miss it!” But no, not me. What I actually said was “I’d do anything to get out of the place I live!”

No comments:

Post a Comment