How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Monday, June 13, 2011

Nominal tale

I was at church last Thursday doing my volunteèr work when a woman came in looking for a handout. The pastor asked her what her name was.

"Latrine'" she replied.

"Excuse me?" the pastor said.

"Latrine," she repeated.

The pastor completed his business with her, but, as soon as she left, he expressed his astonishment. "LATRINE!!"' he said. "Who would name their kid Latrine??? A latrine is a toilet!!!"

He chuckled for a moment, then added, "I wonder if her husband's name is John?"

I am much too lady-like to say this out loud, but my thought was, "I bet her kids are a bunch of little terds."

No comments:

Post a Comment