How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Friday, June 10, 2011

Part 3

And so I grabbed my Kindle and
I clicked on "Kindle Store".
I found "Romance 4 Dummies"
And I found a whole lot more.

"Write on Kindle. Make Big Bucks",
"Romance From A to Z",
I purchased these, but drew the line.
"Write Sex!" was not for me.

And thus encumbered, I was ripe
To start my new career,
I grabbed my Kindle, flipped the switch
And sadly groaned, "Oh dear!"

My Kindle's screen was just a blur.
The darned thing broke, you see.
And, though it soon would be replaced,
It disappointed me.

"Perhaps it is a sign from God".
I thought despondantly.
The truth, I fear, is not explained
So metaphysically.

Could the truth be that I'm lazy?
Are my excuses trite?
Might I just be inventing
All these reasons not to write?

Shakespear had no web page
(Although he has lots now!)
Dickens had no Kindle, yet
He muddled through somehow.

To write a novel, all one needs
Is paper and a pen -
Plus, one needs the fortitude
To simply just begin.

I will start now - yes, I will -
But first a quick respite
To make an entry in my blog
'Bout why I seldom write.

Maybe, though, a magazine
On "How to Blog" I'll find.
Its good, you see, that I have got
A ton of extra time.

I'm sure you'll soon be seeing me
In nearby libraries.
Were Oprah not retired, you
Could catch me on TV.

For TV, though, I need new clothes.
I can't write till I shop.
Besides, my class was cancelled,
And then my Kindle stopped,

My pen is low on ink, alas!
My paper's running out.
My desk is just a mess and I
Have got to clean it out.

Too bad these things all slow me down.
I'll someday write, you know...
But now the phone is ringing and
I really have to go...!

No comments:

Post a Comment