How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Sunday, June 26, 2011

Stupid, but....

I am SO SORRY! I hope someone out there still checks this blog every once n a while. What happened is something totally dumb and avoidable that has made my life a living hell. This lazy, not too bright, negligent, self absorbed, useless care manager named Rahella was pissed at me one evening (now that's hard to imagine, isn't it??) because I insisted that she take the cover off my fancy wheelchair pillow and wash it. I also had the nerve to demand that she dry it and put it back on that same evening... Imagine! She only had a 4 hours in which to do this.

Well, from that point on, my wheelchair cushion just did no good at all. I was in constant pain because my butt hurt bad all the time. No amount of shifting position helped. I was in constant misery, and therefore didn't care about anything at all. The Metro Access ride home from church today was particularly bumpy and, by the time I'd arrived home I'd decided just to buy a new cushion.

But, thing is, this one is top of the line and cost $160.00.

So I got my current care manager, Experience, (yes, that is her real name) to check the current pad. Turns out Rahella had put it upside-down in the cover, and I had been sitting, not on a cushion, but on a hard piece of wood.

Anyway, I now feel fine. The experience (experience, not Experience) sure did make me appreciate the bravery of all those folks who are in constant pain.

I knew I was at the point of no return when I watched a movie about cute little animals in the jungle yesterday and I found myself rooting for the predators.

But pythons gotta live too, you know?!

No comments:

Post a Comment