How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Civil War

I saw the second part of the Civil War exhibit at the National Archives today. They have the actual Emancipation Proclamation. The cool thing about the Archives is that they have lots of multi-media interactive displays. For that reason, I recommend that you go on a day when it isn't particulsrly crowded. It wasn't crowded today and I could roll around and do everthing at my leisure. The exhibit closes 4/17, and if you live here, it is certainly worth seeing. This is Part 2 of a two part series, mind you. The first part, which I also saw, was "Beginnings". As you will see if you follow the link, my reaction to that exhibit was disappointment that it consisted mostly of documents, and I guess that was probably my reaction to Part II. "Imagine!" (read this understanding that I say it with a voice that drips with sarcasm.) "The Archives has mostly documents!"

No comments:

Post a Comment