How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Saturday, November 6, 2010

Rhymes at last

I haven't rhymed in a while - used to be that I wrote rhymes galore, but no one needs them now, so I don't. I guess I need to work more of them into the blog...?

Anyway, Mom's and Dad's old folk's home has a poetry group that puts out a book of rhymes. Here are some of my favorites.

Mary had a little lamb.
It's fleece was white as snow,
And everywhere that Mary went
That lamb was sure to go

One day it followed her to school.
The children were agog.
Lambs are not allowed, as a rule.
So why didn't she just get a dog?
ISABEL STEINER

Jack Sprat could eat no fat.
His wife could eat no lean.
The doctor said, "Mrs Sprat,
YOU HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR CUISINE!
JOYCE GLOCKLER

Little Bo Peep has lost her sheep
Along with her keys and her purse.
It could be worse- -
She could have had a flat tire.
THE POETRY GROUP

Little Miss Muffet
Sat on a tuffet.
It wasn't the day for curds and whey,
So she jolly well ate as she pleased.
LINDA BURGETT


OK - I'll start rhyming again. Used to be that I sold rhymes on a web page. I actually made a tiny bit of money that way. It's easier to write rhymes if there is some reason they are needed. Maybe I'll try a web page again....?

No comments:

Post a Comment