How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Monday, March 22, 2010

Communication

The servers and caretakers here are from a wide variety of different countries and speak English as a second language. This creates some amusing moments when they communicate with seniors who are having difficulties of their own. Overheard at breakfast:

Miss Betty: (to server) I need my tea.

Server: OK, I will bring it.

Miss Betty: My tea. I need my tea. They didn’t bring them.

Server: I will bring.

(10 minutes later. Server brings tea.)

Server: Here is your tea, Miss Betty.

Miss Betty: Thank you.

(Server goes away)

5 minutes later.

Miss Betty: (to server) My tea. I need my tea.

Server: Miss Betty, I bring it. You drink it. See? Here cup!

Miss Betty: I need my tea. They didn’t bring them.

Server: I bring you! You drink! Here cup!

Miss Betty: MY TEEF! I CAN’T EAT WITHOUT THEM!

Server (realization dawning.) Oh. You teeth. I send Lupi to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment