How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spring Day

I had a wonderful time today. It was a lovely spring day, sunny & warm, & Mom ad I took Metro Access and went to the National Gallery, West Wing. The pictures are just stunning. It wasn't crowded or anything, so that was nice, too. Some of the pictires we saw were
This guy looks real impressive in the picture (Edouard Manet (artist)
French, 1832 - 1883 The Tragic Actor (Rouvière as Hamlet), 1866
oil on canvas), apparently he was not at all successful, and died even before the portrait was finished. The picture is fantastic, though.
I didn't particularly like this one, (Frédéric Bazille (artist)
French, 1841 - 1870 Young Woman with Peonies, 1870 oil on canvas) but it was one of Mom's favorites. This is one of my favorites.

Edouard Manet (artist)French, 1832 - 1883 Plum Brandy, c. 1877 oil on canvas It always has been. I think the woman reminds me of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment