How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sunrise, Sunset

The service at this Sunrise has become unacceptably poor, especially for $6,500.00 month, which is what I pay them. 1) The elevator broke. Well. In a four story residential building filled with residents in wheel chairs, that is an emergency to be fixed in a matter of hours, but it took them 2 days because the elevator repair company the use didn’t have the right part. So you fire that company and hire one that has the equipment to do the job, right? Not here. That idea was anathema to them. They just waited and held people on the 2nd and 3rd floor prisoner.
2) THEN, right after they got the elevator fixed, I was watching TV at night and dropped the remote, and, in the course of recovering it, halfway fell out of my recliner. I keep my cell hanging in a bag around my neck for just such emergencies, so I called the main number. It rang 53 times and no one answered. Finally I yelled “Help! Help!” and a passing care manager heard me, and after informing me that she was supposed to be on her break, she got me back in my chair.

Well, the next day I emailed both incidents to the corporate office and got an immediate visit from Hilde Bonsteel, corporate director of operations, but I think all this really got me was a reputation as a complainer. For example, I like for the caretakers to get me up at about 7:15 AM. Today they didn’t show until 8:15, and that after 3 phone calls. I think it I time for me to stop complaining and walk (so to speak!), so I plan to begin heavy duty investigation of assisted living facilities. If you know of any good ones, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment