How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Easter


It's a gray, gloomy unexciting day today - Hmmmm. If you are a first time reader, that is sure no way to entice you to read my blog. Let’s see how we can do better... No, there isn't really any way to do it better. Life is really that boring here. The highlight of the day was basically that they got me up on time. Which, actually, considering the alternative, is a fairly big deal.

They called from the church this morning and want to if I'll come Thursday and fold bulletins and cover the office because the secretary is off. I said I'd do it, of course, because it is something to do, but I do wonder about the professionalism of the secretary, taking time off the week before Holy Week. My dad, who is retired Methodist clergy, never would have allowed that. And I remember that once before David died she took the whole week off. David always worked incredibly hard on Holy Week. It was actually Holy Week that put him in the hospital that last time. He had Wednesday night major choir rehearsal, with Easter music with brass and timpani, and choir music for Thursday night and Friday, and extra services on Thursday and Friday night, and than Easter. He always did a really wonderful job because he was so thoroughly a professional and cared very deeply about every last detail of everything he did. He was always SO proud when Easter ended up successful. I miss him. And I’m so lucky that I got to know him.

No comments:

Post a Comment