How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Breakfast

Suddenly all the residents seem to be mad all the time. This is not what I would call, in, my totally unprofessional opinion, a typical group of cognizant older adults. To me, most of them seem to always be in a fog of confusion. Anyway, there is a lot of shouting and unpleasantness going on right now, especially at breakfast.

The other day this woman, who apparendtly thinks she is the queen of sheba, planted herself down at the table and demanded adamantly of any caretaker who passed within hailing distance, "Where is my toast!?" Finally, they brought her a plate with 2 pieces of toast on it, to which she respomded, "That is entirely too much toast! I only want one piece of toast! Take it away!"

They did!

TO: My Favorite Things

“Why are you sitting there? You are in my space.
I’ve been here 3 years and I eat in that place!”
“Where is my toast?” “Eggs are runny and cold.”
“I want to leave but I go where I’m rolled.”

“Nurse, won’t you help me?” ”My coffee’s like water!”
“Where is my prune juice?” “I’m telling my daughter.”
“Why am I here now and what should I do?”
“You’re mean and hateful and I don’t like you!”

Breakfast chit chat is the tune that fills the dining scene.
I’d just skip breakfast, abandon this place, except that I need caffeine!

2 comments:

  1. Debbie--I just found your blog site. I have read them all. I feel like I have had a long, wonderful visit with you. You are quite creative and really funny, with a quirky sense of humor. Hang in there, and keep your unique point of view. Aunt Trisha

    ReplyDelete