How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Thursday, April 1, 2010

Saga of the spongebath

The caretaker shows up last night carrying a towel and says "I get (you) ready" and she prepared to put on my nightgown, and I said, "No. I was supposed to get a shower. Give me a sponge bath." and she said, "I wipe off some" and I said, "No! a spongebath!" and she said, "No can give to person in wheelchair. Have to stand up some!" and I grabbed a pen and a blank sheet of paper and said, "I want that in writing, and she said "I get help," and so she called Rita, and Rita seemed to have a handle on the situation, and she arranged to give me a good spongebath, and then I insisted that I wanted my hair washed, and that was a totally revolutionary idea to them, and they had no basin or bucket in the entire building, and so they wanted to put shampoo in my hair and just wipe it out with wet towels, and I refused to let that happen. so finally I got them to just wash my hair in the trashcan.

1 comment:

  1. The reason they couldn't get me upstairs for a real shower is because the elevator was broken again.

    ReplyDelete