How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Sunday, April 18, 2010

Happy thoughts

"If a group of people stand around in a circle for long enough, eventually they start to dance."
George Carlin

I've actually meta lot of nice people other than church people by going to church all the time. One is the cashier from Safeway who was frustrated with me. I kept showing up there and buying stuff. but whenever she tried to get me to fill out the form for the special Safeway card that saves the customer money, I'd say "Naah, I don't live here and never actually go to Safeway." Finally she said, "You are here all the time, and I confessed that my hand shakes and I couldn't really fill out the form, so she filled it out for me. and we've become buddies.

The second example is fairly odd. (After all, though, it is ME we are talking about.) I've been known to a stop at the Dairy Queen on the Plaza for a coffee or diet coke while I wait for Metro Access. Here are coupons for Dairy Queen. (Coupons which I would never need to download because I get only coffee or diet coke. Anyway, one of the Dairy Queen clerks talks to me freely because she knows I wait for Metro Access, and she dates a Metro Access supervisor. So the other day she asks me (in an odd tone of voice) "Did you have an OK ride home yesterday?" and I said "Yeah. But the GPS took us on an odd route. We went way out in the country and saw beautiful flowers and blooming trees and big mansions and estates." (Although I doubt I said it this coherently. I probably said, "Yeah. We saw some really pretty shit!") And she said, "Well what driver is a weird guy, you know." and I said "yeah", because he wears woolly earmuffs no matter what the weather.
"Well," she said, 'he came in here before he picked you up, and he said that it was a pretty day and you were going home, so you probably weren't in a hurry, so he thought he'd set the cruise control on sight see!"

No comments:

Post a Comment