How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Thursday, November 17, 2011

late October lament


Wow, it sure is cold out. What a bummer. Time to dust off the scarves and mittens.
I bought a new winter coat this year. I really did need it... I have heavy, bulky coats that would be fine in a blizzard, but I didn't have a nice, ligtweight coat I could wear all day. I think last year I wore my leather jacket, but the jacket isn't all that warm.

You know what? Come to think of it, I used to have a full length leather coat. I wonder what ever happened to it? In all the moving and breaking up the apartment and all, I just kinda lost track of stuff.

It will be interesting to be here on a busy city street and see what happens in the snow. At Sunrise, I looked out on a big field and park, which was pretty, but not much fun. Here there is heavy traffic, and people walking up and down the sidewalk all the time.

There is a great place for chili, Hard Times Cafe, down in Clarendon, which is just one metro stop from here. That will be fun in the snow.

I think I'll call this essay "winter is here, so grow up and make the best of it."

No comments:

Post a Comment