How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Sunday, November 6, 2011

Scarbourgh Fair


I turned on "Scarbourgh Fair" (Simon and Garfunkle), and, boy, does that ever bring back memories. The album was already old back when I was in college. The poetry ofthe songs just seemed to speak to me me. (Unlike later Paul Simon work. Me and Julio says nothing to me.)

There was this guy, Jeff Freehof, who traveled around to the various bars on the Corner and played guitar and sang Simon and Garfunkle songs. I knew Jeff from the drama department, and often went to see him. Sometimes Bobby Tyler, my soulmate at the time, and I went together.

I'll do a seperate entry about Bobby some day. I could do a 7 part mini-series about my adventures with Bobby. Huh, Lloyd??

My last Simon and Garfunkle story is that David knew that I loved them. Not too long before David got sick, Simon and Garfunkle came to Baltimore on a concert tour, and David and Ron and Sue and I got to go see them. Like, wow....

No comments:

Post a Comment