How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Friday, November 11, 2011

Rip-off

Emeritis is screwing me over. They have raised my "care level" rating to "6", which is the highest level and which is absurd. Level 6 also costs tons of money.

I do not get, or need. Level 6 quality care. I receive help from their care managers basically only when I get up, shower, dress, and go to bed. There are people here who need help to eat, and need help all day throughout the day. That is the type attention that deserves Level 6.

In addition, Emeritis is requiring that I hire a private aide to get me up, shower, and get dressed. Emeritis is not pleased that I get 5 showers a week. The standard here is only 1(or 2?)showers a week, but the salesman who got me to move here from Sunrise promised 5 showers. That is what convinced me to move. Now the Director says, "That was before my time, so I'm not responsible for that."

I feel that Emeritis really gets a free ride from me. It is quite rare that I'm even here during the daytime. I try to stay awway as much as possible. The Care Manager Supervisor even admitted as much, saying, "We would have required a private duty aide during the daytime, too, but we realized that you usually aren't here in the daytime, and we couldn't have the aide just sitting around."

Seems to me that, if I'm off on my own all day every day, I obviously don't require level 6 assistance!

In my opinion, they are ripping me off big time. My advice to anyone with assisted living needs is to STAY AWAY FROM EMERITIS!!!

Because or this, I complained to Sue that I have a limited amount of money and that this will make me run out sooner. "What will I do when I run out of money?!", I lamented.

"We'll just shoot you," she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment