How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Monday, November 28, 2011

New house Roanoke

I think I'll go back to writing about the avarious parsonages we lived in while I was growing up.  I was writing that series a couple months ago, and it seemed to be slightly amusing (as parsonages usually are!).  Apparently, however, I had not gotten very far into the series, because I seem to have ended it in "old house Roanoke", which is a place in which I lived from ages 6 to 8.

"New house Roanoke" was a lot larger and more suitable for our growing family.  Ed had his own room, and Granny always had her own room, so I guess we had 4 bedrooms... unless, that is, they perhaps turned some small room that wasn't supposed to be a bedroom into Granny's room.  They did that sometimes.

All I know for sure is that I HAD TO SHARE MY ROOM WITH THE DRATTED BABY!!  Can you believe it???!!!  How could my parents have forced someone as special and as adorable as I was to share a living space with an annoying little baby?

We had an outdoor patio attached to the house. It was a concrete slab with a steel grate that surrounded it and no roof.  I firmly believed that, if my parents really loved me, they would enclose that area and make it into a bedroom for me.  When I played on it, I would deccide where to put all my furniture.

The house was located on a steep hill in what was known as the Round Hill neighborhood.  We were about halfway up the hill.  One of my earliest memories is of poor Mom getting out of the car on an icy, snowy day, and slipping, and sliding on her rear end through several streets worth of yards and pavement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment