How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Friday, January 7, 2011

Away we go

I just read an article on Yahoo news about younger people living in nursing homes. It seems such most people find that such a situation sucks, as do I, and that a lot of people have it a lot worse than I have it. I guess I really have a lot of stuff going for me: * I'm healthy enough to get around * Metro Access will take me * I live in an area that's vibrant enough that there is always somewhere to go * I have a wonderful family * I have a computer, so if I'm lonely, I can talk to my blog * I bought the maximum allowable amount of long term care insurance before I lost my job. I think it's enough to last for 10 years, so can y'all get on the stick and help me find someone rich to marry before then?

Yesterday was actually a busy day. I did my volunteer work at church in the AM, which was just the same old same old. In the afternoon I went to Clarendon to Spanish, and that was fun. I hadn't studied nearly enough last week, so I'm inspired to do better. REALLY! It was sad how much I didn't know. But, I noticed on the way in to Clarendon that Hard Times Cafe is just a couple blocks away. so I went there and ate wonderful "Cincinnati chili" with cheese and sour cream and onions and cornbread and drank a great big Sam Adams on tap and watched activities at the metro station across the street before class started.

The problem is that not everyone can do things like that, When I got back here, my stomache just fell, I have no idea how I'd stay sane if I actually had to stay here all the time. I think that society really needs to invest in deveoping assisted living facilities which do more to help people live, and aren't just geared toward giving them a place to wait to die.

No comments:

Post a Comment