How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Sunday, January 2, 2011

More Christmas card

TO: Let it Snow

Oh, the weather outside is frightful
'Cause the sun is so delightful
And to work I don't want to go!
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Oh, I wanna stay home and watch movies.
That would sure be groovy.
But the wind doesn't even blow,
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Well, Bob Ryan said late last night
There was 10 percent chance of a storm.
And Bob Ryan is usually right.
So why the heck is it so warm?

Well. I guess the old bastard was lying.
God, I feel like crying.
This is three days of work in a row.
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!


This next song comes from the time period in which we converted the dining room of our 1 bedroom apartment into a 2nd bedroom. I slept in the dining room, adjacent to the kitchen.

TO: Away in a Manger

Away in the kitchen,
No place for her bed,
The poor Debbie Taylor
Lays down her sweet head.

The garbage disposal
Upstairs grinds away.
And our ice box engine
Keeps running til day.

I love this apartment,
But I'd like to lay
Where nocturnal hampsters
Don't bang as they play,

Where coffee ain't brewing
As dawn breaks the sky.
Oh maybe, oh maybe
I'll sleep by and by.


TO: Silver Bells

Tysons Corners, Seven Corners
Full of holiday sales.
Im the mall there's a feeling of Christmas.

Forty dollars, fifty dollars
Can these price tags be real?
So I look in my purse and find...

...silver coins, silver coins,
Goodness, but it is a pity.
Clink, clink, clank.
My piggy bank
Can afford no presents today.

No comments:

Post a Comment