How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Sunday, January 23, 2011

Kenny

Uncle Kenny's funeral was yesterday. Aunt Delores sent a report about it, and it sounds like the family all gathered just like they always have, all through the years. She also says, "To top it off, when Gene and I left Kennesaw this morning, I looked to the Kennesaw mountains, across the highway from Kenny's final resting place, and there was a rainbow...what can I say...It was beautiful to know that Kenny is truly at rest and we will miss him very, very much. He was special and I loved him."

I don't know - something magic like that should also remind us that, after a hard life, Kenny's now in glory with Mammaw and Pappaw, and, though we miss them, that we WILL see them all again.

Delores also says, "Kim read a poem that Eddie wrote for Kenny in 1973. It was called "One Brother Short" and was about going to the farm at Thanksgiving to shoot the guns but Kenny didn't make it home that year for Thanksgiving. It ia a beautiful poem and I hope we all get a copy of it." Isn't it odd that writing poems seems to run in the family? I remember many years of many different Morris poems being read on many different occasions. I bet Eddie's was a real nice one. If I get a copy, I'll post it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment