How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Thursday, January 27, 2011

SNOW

I hate and loathe and detest snow! I told that to the Metro Access driver yesterday, and he said, "Yeah. You need chains and snow tires on that thing!" (meaning my wheelchair.) It a doozy of a storm yesterday. I called Sue this morning, and it took her from 5PM until midnight to get home! Where she works is less than 10 miles from her home! Then she slept in for a couple hours, but had to be up and struggling back to work today by 10AM. The Federal Government was 2 hours late, but open. I called her this morning, and she told me that poor Ron had called her real late and that they'd plowed the parking lot where he works and plowed his car in!! So I, being the always concerned (but totally uselesess!) friend, called him immediately to see if he was OK. I woke him up of course. I seem to have a history of this. Do you think its just that I'm lacking in common sense?


Speaking of not having any sense, I signed up for a Spanish I part III adult education class with Arlington County, having never taken parts I or II. I figured my Spanish Blackbelt courses would suffice. WRONG!! I'm going to try to catch up, but what, pray tell, is a 'preterit tense'? And why the hell would one care to use it? I live in the present, I remember the past, I wait for the future, but never have I been in the preterit, nor, I hope, will I ever be. 'Preterit' sounds like the debris left by an exploding star!

1 comment:

  1. At least at Emeritus you won't have to worry about hilly sidewalks. Isn't all relatively flat around those few blocks to the mall and the Metro?

    ReplyDelete