How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Monday, January 10, 2011

History smistory

Whoops - my bad! Every word of my last post is true, but appariently I put too much signifigance on the fact that Granny had included Sadie's name in the "list of relatives". I went to Dad yesterday with a listing of the people I couldn't place. Some of them he would say something like, "Oh, that's Aunt Nan's husband's cousin", so I would decide I didn't care about him, and would mark him off the list.

But then Dad started saying things like, "Fred Dorcas? Oh, he was the neighbor man." Which at first inspired salicious fantasies, since Granny included him on the list of fasmily members. But then I'd ask about Peg Dorcas, and Dad would say, "Fred's wife. I think they were in Mom's Sunday School class." So apparently Granny just wrote the names of anyone she had a nodding aquaintance with in her list of family members.

It's entirely posible that I might just give up on this. I don't really care about my family background. I think Dad might, but maybe he'd like stories about the place the family immigrated from or what they did in the war - there was some of that stuff in the documents, and it seems more fun than just a list of names. I even have some Civil War info.

Dialogue overheard at dinner:

OLD LADY: (to unrelated old man sitting across from her) I think my son'n may come tonight.

OLD MAN: What about tonight?

OLD LADY: Is my son coming?

OLD MAN: No, your socks didn't fall down.


I shouldn't make fun, but I hate that obnoxious old man.

No comments:

Post a Comment