How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Friday, January 14, 2011

If at first......

I screwed up big time. Those of my friends who think I would never admit to such a thing should engrave this date deeply and clearly into their memories - January 14,2011, DEBBIE TAYLOR ADMITS SCREWING UP! I had an appointment today to go see The Jefferson - a Sunrise home on Taylor Street in Ballston.

I think I would love to live in Ballston!

The place is om Taylor Street. So how hard do you think that ought to be for Debbie Taylor to remember that? I should have arranged the metro trip no problem.

BUT NO-O-O! I screwed up and arranged for the bus to take me back to the place I went yesterday. When we got there and I recognized what I had done, I begged with the driver pitifully enough that the driver brought me back home, but I was lucky that he was kind. By rights, he should have just left me there for 2 hours until the next driver came to pick me up,

I called the Jefferson and left a message asking for another chance. They are the only place I've ever called that is full and has a waiting list, so lets see what develops.

Meanwhile, when I returned I was bummed out enough that I went down to Clare and Don's Beach Shack, which is only a block away, and had a burger, seafood chowder, and 2 big 16 oz. lager beers on tap.

So, I guess if plans go no place, then just go someplace unplanned?

No comments:

Post a Comment