How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Friday, May 20, 2011

I've just been staying busy being anywhere but here for the last couple days. Today two of my former employees from CFC took me to Chevy's for lunch to celebrate my birthday - which was real nice of them. I'm surprised they remembered. I ordered a full meal and a beer. Yum!

We didn't really dish any dirt about the affairs of the City. We did talk about the fact that Len Michlowski passed away recently. He was a real character. He was in his 80's, and he hung around City Hall all the time just to share stories. There are a number of people like that. They would come in my office every day and just hang around for hours. I called them "City Hall Groupies". Len was also seen and heard from at all the City Council meetings, and he wrote frequent letters to the local paper, many of them in-decipherable. His favorite cause was veteran's affairs, and I'm willing to bet that the Veteran's Memorial at City Hall would never have been built were it not for Lenny.

I was feeling melancholy aboutt his death, but my friends said, "He was in his 80s, and he didn't know what hit him - he just dropped dead peacefully in uhis own front yard. He was a lucky man." And, especially looking at some of the folks around here, I guess he was.

Bye, Lenny.

No comments:

Post a Comment