How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Saturday, May 21, 2011

Tales from a Museum

The weather today was beautiful! I decided to take advantage of my newly discovered ability to use METRO for free (due to Metro Access) and I took Metro down to the Mall. I went to the African museum because I'd never been there. I was really surprised at how small it is. I mean, for heavens to Betsy, it is a whole continent and they pretty much covered it in 1 room.

After I saw the museum, I wandered around on the first floor and found "The Discovery Theater. A show started right after I got there. The show featured actors from ArtStream Arlington Inclusive Theater Company, which is composed of kids with intellectual disailities. The show was produced by VSA, an organization founded by Jean Kennedy Smith over 35 years ago to increase access to the arts to people living with disabilities. The kids all seemed to be having a wonderful time. This kind of opportunity ought to be generously supported by the public. I bet it makes an 100% turnaround in quality of life for the kids involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment