How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Rainy day

There's not a whole lot to talk about today, because the dreary weather discouraged me and I stayed in almost all day. I ran out only to go to Noodles and Company for lunch. I got the Cheesy Noodles with Meatballs. Extravagant, I know, but I'm eating a $2.00 prepared Caesar salad from CVS for dinner.
So do you think it's an indictment of an establishment's food quality when a patron who has already paid for a meal chooses to eat off the shelf at CVS instead?

The food offered here is bland, unimaginative crap. Except for the times it is actually icky! This, of course, is only my opinion, so you should take it with a grain of salt. As should most of our entrees...! And, to top it off, they print up menus and then don't serve everything on the menu that they, themselves, just printed. For example, the other day they offered chicken fingers and dipping sauce. The waitress brought chicken fingers. I asked for sauce. She said, "No sauce." I said, "But It is in the menu." She said, "No sauce!" and walked away.

The best part about eating in the dining room is that I love the little lady from Puerto Rico that eats with me, Francesca. She has become obsessed with Dancing With the Stars, and stays up late every night to see it, but now falls asleep every time she sits down! She also tells me that she was asleep in bed last night and one of the workers here came in the door, waking her up, and then said, "oh, I'm sorry. I was looking for Mr. Johnson." The worker left then, but Francesca got worried that perhaps Mr. Johnson was missing and perhaps they thought he was heading to her room! Poor lady didn't sleep for the rest of the night!

I guess one has to be careful what one says to the elderly!

No comments:

Post a Comment