How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Saturday, May 7, 2011

Pals?

Wow - who would have thought? I think I may actually be making some friends here! I was looking up movies in the paper this morning because I had nothing in particular to do today, and this old guy asked what I was doing and said he would go to the movies with me! Having a companion made the experience more pleasant.

We saw The Conspirator. It was a really good movie about the Lincoln Assassination, and could be the impetus for an in depth discussion on the morality of the death penalty.

Wayne (my companion) and I did not have this discussion, however, basically because I barely know the man and was therefore reluctant to start a serious conversation.

I also discovered thet there is a big farmer's market all around that metro stop every Saturday. It would be fun to come back next week and just go to that!

My other 2 friends here are the two old women who eat with me. They both speak Spanish as a first language,, and they love trying to teach me Spanish. They la ugh and laugh. Wonder why?

No comments:

Post a Comment