How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Just ignore me

Rainy, rainy day today, which tends to put me in a foul mood
because I feel stuck in this stupid old folks home.

You know, the really difficult problem about being here is that nobody listens to a damned thing I say, and, if they do, they don't take what I say to be the definative answer. They are used to negotiating with "the family" of the residents. Residents don't make decisions or make demands about their own care, "the family" does. Much creedence is given to the desires of "the family".

Well, guess what - I'M MY OWN FAMILY! When I say something or ask something, I expect it to be treated quite seriously - not just swept securely under the rug, as tends to be the automatic response to a resident.

What brings this all to mind is that I have a Spanish class in Clarendon at 5PM tomorrow evening. I told this to the physical therapist, since she was trying to work out an occasion for me to meet with a vendor who wants to fit me for an ankle brace. Well. in my opinion, this meeting should be allotted signifigant time, mainly because I don't even know if I want an ankle brace, and, if they want me to spend money on a brace, they need to show me how it will improve my life. So they rell me today that the vendor will be here to meet me at 4 pm tomorrow,

I guess I'll go, and tell the vendor immediately that I need to leave no later than 4:15, and then stick to that and leave at 4:15.

This difficulty has to be due to Emeritus physical therapy staff not taking mt schedule seriously, because I can't imagine a traveling saleswoman not taling the customer's schedule into consideration.

Although the vendor will probably reespond, "Ummm, can I talk to the family please?"

Why, oh why, did they choose to do this on the one day this week that I'm busy?

No comments:

Post a Comment