How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Saturday, May 1, 2010

Bummer of a day

Bad day today, and then, to top it all off, my hit counter appears to have gone backward by 2. I guess that two people who clicked on the blog forgot what they’d read?! Anyway, it’s a good day for Christmas carols in which I can ignore the reality of the present and escape into the silliness of 20 years ago.

This was written in response to the fact that they kept predicting snow and I’d get all excited that maybe City Hall would close and I wouldn’t have to go to work, and then it wouldn’t snow at all.

To: LET IT SNOW

Oh, the weather outside is frightful,
‘Cause the sun is so delightful,
And to work I don’t want to go.
Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow.

Oh, I wanna stay home and watch movies.
That would sure be groovy!
But the wind doesn’t even blow!
Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow.

Well, Bob Ryan said late last night
There was 10% chance of a storm,
And Bob Ryan is usually right.
So why the heck is it so warm!

Well, I guess the old bastard was lying.
God, I feel like crying.
This is three days of work in a row!
Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment