How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Friday, May 21, 2010

Hope!

I just got completely frustrated with this place. I ran some errands this AM and got home around 10 AM. I told them at that time that I needed to get switched to my other chair. The problem is that I can't run around town in the chair and can't work at the desk in the scooter. Well, I waited patiently. (picture of me waiting patiently)
At 10:30 I called again. She said she'd remind them. At 10:45 I caught one of the caregivers in the hall. She said she knew, but that she couldn't do it by herself, and had to wait for Tomika. 15 minutes later Tomika wandered up the hall with another resident. (So I'm to assume her money is worth more than mine, or what?) They finally took the 15 minutes required to put me in the other chair at 11:10. This place aint cheap - I pay over $6,000.00/month. Wonder how much it would cost to hire a 24/7 assistant, buy a Hoyer Lift, and pay normal expenses, and rent a place? You know, the more I think about it, I probably actually could do that. Hope! What a great birthdy present!

No comments:

Post a Comment