How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Friday, May 14, 2010

Salvation


MY TV IS BACK!! The repairman came at 8:30 this morning, and I've never been happier to see anyone in my life! He keeps telling me all these grim things about how this brand of TV (Sony) has a history of completely breaking - so much so that there is a class action suit against Sony - but I don't know what he hopes to gain by scaring me with such stories. What I have is a Sony Brand Vega LCD projection TV. The repair was simple - the lamp burned out and needed to be replaced. Ron had fixed it for me once before.
Ron is very sweet, by the way, and had offered me the TV from his bedroom if this one couldn't be fixed.
Now the next question I guess is - what am I going to do with all these library books? I started reading Great Expectations by Dickens this morning. I'm only up to about page 5. Pip has been approached by the scarey, raggedy man in the church yard, and found out about the jail break. My best guess is that the raggedy man is an escaped criminal. Stay tuned...
The old fellow next door (Bill) is an an aquatintance of mine because he used to live where I lived (Park Towers), and he is a good friend of my good friend, Martha. Here is a picture of Martha. (I don't have a picture of Bill.) She and my sister are having mint juleps at our annual Kentucky Derby party. ANYWAY, Bill and I have been watching Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy on the wide screen TV in the big room that separates our rooms, so I guess I'll keep doing that, but it means spending more time out in the actual nursing home.


Nope - I wrote that a couple days ago, and it turns out Bill doesn't even want to watch TV with me. So much for neighborliness!

You know what? I hate living here.

No comments:

Post a Comment